Would you like to own your own in-home tutoring business?
You will make a difference in the lives of children, families and your community by helping students succeed and achieve their dreams.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about helping children and driven to achieve financial success and independence through business ownership.
Why is Above Grade Level an Excellent Opportunity for Qualified Entrepreneurs?
Above Grade Level provides in-home supplemental tutoring in all academic subjects however we are specialists in the most in-demand subjects ; Mathematics, English and Standardized Test Prep.
This is an opportunity to work from home, with a flexible schedule, organizing one-to-one tutoring that takes place in the Student’s home. This opportunity is for the individual who enjoys working with people and helping students to reach their potential through education.
As a franchise owner you will enjoy:
- Simple, effective systems for tutoring, marketing, sales and operations
- Extensive, proprietary curriculum, customized to the educational requirements of each student
- An exclusive and protected territory in your community
- A proven, time tested business model proven to attract and retain students
- A low overhead model with no store front, no rent and tremendous growth potential
Above Grade Level Curriculum
Our propriety, multisensory curriculum has been developed by experts in the field of education over a period of 30 years and is continuously revised and updated. Using the latest in technology, students learn effectively and efficiently and obtain better results.
Above Grade Level Guarantees Students Results!
Above Grade Level Business Model – Proven operating system
We have developed a business model to assist you every step of the way. You will receive in-depth classroom and on the job training (either in person or through electronic means) to guide you in your business. You will learn everything you need to know about running your own business. We will teach you: marketing skills; student evaluation analysis; course outline creation; communication skills; hiring and training of tutors; financial management; and so much more. You will receive ongoing support.
Take the next step now.
There is no risk or obligation to get more information on this opportunity.
Click here to request further information or to discover more.
Above Grade Level offers one-to-one tutoring in the student’s home by expert and professional tutors. This approach minimizes distractions and peer pressure and ensures that the student receives the undivided attention of our tutor at all times. We begin by giving the student a standardized skills assessment in math and/or reading developed by experts in the field of education. Based on this assessment, which gives us a detailed picture of the student’s learning needs, we design a personalized learning program that is tailored to the unique needs and learning style of the individual student, so the maximum progress can be made in achieving their academic goals.
Above Grade Level employs Research-Based Best Practices as recommended by leading experts in tutoring. These recommendations include:
- In-home tutoring – Rather than parents driving their child to a learning center, tutoring is done in a familiar learning environment, the students home, where distractions can be minimized.
- Use of diagnostic tools – Our skill assessments in math and reading were developed by experts in the field of education.
- Trained and qualified tutors – Our tutors are screened and tested to ensure their ability to teach the subjects assigned to them. Tutors are either credentialed teachers or specialists with college training in the subject.
- Tutoring methods that engage the student in an active learning process – Our multisensory approach, engaging the students reading, writing and listening skills in unison ensures maximum learning outcomes.
- Mentoring students on how to learn – We not only teach the subject matter, but how to become a more effective learner as a life-long skill.
- Tracking session to session progress – We provide regular feedback to parents to ensure they can see the progress their child is making.
- Use of continuous feedback – Students receive constant feedback so they know immediately how they are progressing..
- Formal and informal assessment throughout tutoring – Students are consistently evaluated to ensure that they are building the foundation of concepts needed for long-term success.
For more information about our approach and why our franchise has been successful, please fill out the request for information form to learn more.
Below you will find our 4 Step Process to discovering more about the Above Grade Level franchise opportunity.
Interested parties should complete and submit the Franchise Request Form. Our Franchise Development Office will contact the applicant to set up a day and time for the first information packed webinar.
- Initial Telephone Discussion- This initial “Get to know you” telephone discussion is just that….your opportunity to learn more about Above Grade Level and our opportunity to better understand your goals.
- Webinar Overview – In this webinar, we will uncover your goals, and provide you additional insight into our unique opportunity and your role as an owner. We also provide you with a sneak peek inside our systems, methods, and our tools. At the end of this webinar, a convenient day and time will be scheduled for the second webinar meeting.
- Review Franchise Disclosure Document– In this webinar, we review the Franchise Disclosure Document and answer any other questions that you may have. At the end of this webinar, a convenient day and time will be scheduled for the final webinar meeting.
- Executive Discussion / Talk with our Executive Directors – In this webinar, we recap your goals, present your mission and vision and identify a training date.
If you have more questions about our process or would like to learn more about how our franchise works, please fill out the Request Information form and a representative will contact you shortly.
Total start-up cost varies between $40,000 and $55,000 plus working capital.
Please contact us for more information about financing and investment options.
This communication is not an offer to sell a franchise. The offer of a franchise can only be made through delivery of a franchise disclosure document. Certain states require that we register our franchise disclosure document in those states before offering either unit franchises or area development franchises. This communication is not directed to any resident of those states.
Franchise Frequently Asked Questions
The information below covers some of the more common questions that we have received.
- Q. Do I receive an exclusive territory?
A. Yes, you will receive a geographically defined territory with a population of between 100,000 – 150,000 depending on the license fee.
- Q. Can another Above Grade Level franchise open in my territory?
A. No, the territory is exclusive to you.
- Q. Do I purchase the teaching materials from Above Grade Level?
A. Above Grade Level will charge a license fee for the use of our propriety teaching materials for Math, English, and Science products.
- Q. What is the cost of establishing the business?
A. The investment will vary between $40,000 and $55,000 plus working capital
- Q. What training do you provide?
A. We provide all the theory and practical training you will need to confidently operate your Above Grade Level franchise. You will also be provided with on-going support to run your franchise.
- Q. What can I expect from the training program?
A. The training program is mandatory and must be successfully completed prior to the opening of the franchised business. The training program covers a variety of topics / subjects. The training is divided into classroom (or through electronic means) training and on the job training. You can also look forward to ongoing operational training, one to one and regularly scheduled workshops.
- Q. Can I always find appropriate tutors?
A. Yes, there are always many teachers and graduates looking for permanent and part-time work. The Above Grade Level curriculum and methods are researched based and incorporate the latest ‘best practices” in supplemental education. Therefore tutor candidates are readily available and eager to work with you.
- Q. What are the qualifications of the tutors?
A. Tutors are either credentialed teachers or specialists with college training in the subject. Our tutors are screened and tested to ensure their ability to teach the subjects assigned to them. All the tutors have been fully trained in the Above Grade Level methods.Tutors are either credentialed teachers or specialists with university training in the subject. Our tutors are screened and tested to ensure their ability to teach the subjects assigned to them. All the tutors have been fully trained in the Above Grade Level delivery of all material.
- Q. What role do I play in the business?
A. Franchisees are required to be actively involved in the business, in the role of managing, marketing, and administration. The Franchisee must concentrate on promoting and developing the business.
Franchise Request Form
Please fill in the following request form, if you are interested in learning more about the Above Grade Level Franchise opportunity.